What We Collect
When you use of our Site, you may have the opportunity to submit PII (e.g., providing profile information or providing an e-mail address). We collect information from you at several different points on our Site. We strive to limit the information collected about you to what is needed for conducting our business and offering products and services that might be of interest to you.
We may collect the following PII:
- Contact information, including email address and IP address;
- Demographic information such as zip code, preferences, and interests; and
- Other information relevant to our offers
How We Use Your Information
Ohio Excels will not sell, share, or rent the information collected on this Site to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
We may use the information we collect to:
- Improve the content of our Site;
- Notify you about updates to our Site;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Contact you for marketing purposes;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use for reporting and sponsorship purposes. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Ohio Excels does not make automated decisions for our customer data. We may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about the internet use related to our Site. Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your web browser. These files identify your browser and may save information such as passwords so that our Site can recognize you when you return.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
How We Share Information With Third Parties
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as our third party payment card processor;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ohio Excels assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about our website visitors is among the assets transferred; and
- to law enforcement as required to comply with applicable laws.
New Uses of Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email or write to us at the contact information provided below.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
You have the right to be provided with information as to the nature of the Personal Data stored or processed by Ohio Excels about you and may request deletion or amendments. You may contact email@example.com to review and request updates or revisions to your Personal Data.
Should we deny you such access, you have the right to request the reasons for denial. You may contact any competent regulatory body or authority to resolve the issue. We will handle in a transparent and timely manner any type of complaint resolution or inquiry about Personal Data.
If you can demonstrate that the purpose for which your Personal Data is being processed in no longer legal or appropriate, we will delete such data, unless applicable laws require otherwise.
This website has security measures in place designed to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, such as firewalls.
Ohio Excels encourages parents and guardians to be familiar with the sites visited by their children. This Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we request that individuals under 16 not provide PII to Ohio Excels. If we learn that we have collected PII from a child under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Notification of Changes
Questions or Comments
41 South High Street, Suite 2240
Columbus, OH 43215